- Information and knowledge sharing.
- Reduce tax avoidance e.g tax havens, this aligns with Piketty’s conclusions in his book, “CAPITAL”.
- Strengthen union membership including increasing full voting representation on company boards.
- Need democratic control on the ratio of top to lower worker incomes.
- Put more democratic influence into business e.g. Germany’s example of democratic leadership in business.
- Loans/grants for employee buyouts of companies ‘s shares.
- Tax concessions for companies willing to demonstrate that approach.
Following these bullet points, there were the following observations:
Equality and sustainability are compatible.
The good life does not need continued economic growth (see Piketty on this too).
Finally two aphorisms or adages; ‘An unequal society is always an uneasy society’ and ‘Status anxiety drives consumerism’.