Other organizations based on “The Spirit Level”
- The New Zealand Council of Christian Social Services have recently launched their “Closer Together – Whakatata Mai – Reducing Inequalities” campaign: www.closertogether.org.nz
- A strong link has also been developed with the UK’s “The Equality Trust”: www.equalitytrust.org.uk. An organization dedicated to promoting “The Spirit Level” in Britain.
Groups striving for a better society
- Every Child Counts. http://www.everychildcounts.org.nz/
- Poverty Action. Waikato 100 Morrinsville Road PO Box 13117 Hillcrest Hamilton 3251 Ph 07 9294815Email [email protected]
- Service and Foodworkers Union with their “Living Wagee Aotearoa New Zealand” campaign http://www.livingwage.nz
- ACYA Action for Children and Youth Aotearoa Inc www.acya.org.nz
- Human Rights Commision www.hrc.co.nz
- Child Poverty Action Group www.cpag.org.nz
- New Zealand Council of Social Services www.nzcoss.org.nz/
- The New Economics Foundation puts out interesting research on the issue of Income Inequality
- The Joseph Rowntree Foundation puts out interesting research on Income Inequality.
E koekoe t etui, e ketekete te kaka te kaka, e kuku-te kereru–Diversity: the tui sings, the kaka chatters, the pigeon coos.
Income Equality Aotearoa New Zealand Inc.